I have wanted to write and say some of the things that I love about Uganda.
1. Everything is very fresh. I have only opened 3 cans of food since I have been here and so there are no preservatives.
2. Not driving anywhere. The traffic is so crazy that I have not driven and I have decided that I really like having Tim do all the driving. It has been wonderful.
3.The people they are some of the best people in the world.
4 The unhurried pace of life. The Ugandans never run anywhere not even to cross the crazy street. If someone is running they think that they have stolen something.
5.The non paved roads. They are much easier on your body.
6. The visits of people that come whenever.
7. The flowers. They are so pretty and varied.
8. The climate is wonderful.
9. The monkeys in our back yard. Some nights there are 30 monkeys just swinging from trees. They are fascinating to watch.
10. The faith in Jesus Christ that abound in this country. Their problems of poverty, health bring them closer to God while many of our problems in a developed world take us away from God.
The things that will not miss in Africa
1. The traffic is crazy and they drive as if they were all teenagers with not much experience and no fear of death.
2. The nightly ant invasion in our kitchen.
3. Our toilet that will only flush every 5 minutes so we have to time our visits to the bathroom. This not very good when you have 18 visitors at once.
4. The electricity going off frequently.
5. Bee stings. I have had two stings this week the mosqiutos do not like me but bees do.
I am not sure if I want to leave this place but I am truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for this wonderful experience.
I enjoyed reading this post! How fun! It will sure be fun to have you back home! :-)
ReplyDelete