Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Tuna Sandwhiches and no electricity

We have only a small time left. I told a sister at church that we are leaving in a month and she responded and you are not coming back I responded not that I know of and then she started to cry. I felt so bad and know that when the time comes to go I will be crying too. Yesterday I visited some of the sisters in the ward. It was great one of the sisters has a little girl about 3 and when we first got here she was so frightened by me because I was white but yesterday she was happy to see me and laughed and with me. It amazes me that in just a short time that her perceptions of me can change so drastically.The electricity has been off for four days and boy am I a whimp. We can not seem to deal with it very well. I have been writing the primary program that we will present in 2 weeks and then Tim and I are doing a marriage seminar on Saturday. I have loved the children home. we do our work in the morning and then plan something in the afternoon. i had brought little pouches of tuna fish from the states and yesterday I made Tuna sandwiches for the children and they were in heaven. At home they did not like tuna sandwiches but they loved them here. I make bread every other day. It makes me remember my sweet grandmother who would make bread to feed her family long ago. The selection of food is very limited and we have the same thing over and over. Anything with tomatoes. onions, carrots, peppers is about what they have to eat.They drink soda here alot and they are all in glass bottles just the other day we were in the market and Hannah saw her first can of soda in months and was so surprised to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment